Blog Master G

Word. And photos, too.

Blog Master G random header image

Touched by an Angel?

Tuesday, May 27th, 2003 · 1 Comment

Early this morning before waking up — probably around 6 or 6:30 — I was dreaming that I was at Nana‘s house. What exactly I was doing there I’m not sure. I don’t believe she was actually in the dream, but I was definitely at her house. Outside my dream, Stella was sleeping on the bed, toward Jen’s side, since Jen is still in New York. Jen and I each have a touch lamp on either side of our bed.

Still in a sleepy haze, I rolled over toward Jen’s side of the bed to find her touch lamp turned on — in the middle of three settings. This means it had to have been touched twice to end up in this state. I know I didn’t have it on last night before going to bed.

I also know I didn’t inadvertently turn on the light in my sleep — I was clear across the other side of the bed and facing the other way. Remember, too, that I would’ve had to bump the metal base or shade of the lamp not once but twice. And unless Stella has taken up early-morning reading, I doubt there’s any way she could have done it.

Call me crazy or call me a believer, but I think, just maybe, that the light’s being on this morning was a small reminder from Nana that she’s still with me in spirit — in a very real way.

This is not the first time that something like this has happened. Shortly after Nana passed away and we were all staying in her house, we would wake up in the morning to find the heater cranked really high — and no one in the house had turned it up. Nana knew that my Mom often got cold at night.

These types of happenings always bring a smile to my face.

Tags: anecdotes

1 response so far ↓

  • 1 Dave Reed // May 27, 2003 at 6:57 pm

    It’s really eerie when things like that happen.

    I had a pet Basset Hound, Katie, who I had when I was 10. She died in 2001 at the ripe age of 14. A few months after that, while getting ready to open my front door with my key, I swear I heard her bark. Fighting back tears, I reassured myself that she was dead, and I walked in.

    In the mail, there was a renewal for her dog license.