Not until Jane pointed it out did it occur to me that all the yellow “Support the Troops” and red and white “God Bless America” magnetic vehicle ribbons were such a regionalized phenomenon. I guess I’m just so used to seeing them on every SUV and minivan, I don’t really notice them anymore.
Regardless, the site Jane found, which sells protest and parody ribbons, is awesome. I’m never one to stick anything like that on my car, but these ribbons are the closest I’d come, with classics like these:
- My Ribbon is Bigger Than Yours
- God Bless Corporate America
- Real Patriots Question Bush
- Demand Open Source Voting
- I Wish God Did Talk to Bush
- Of Course Iraq Had WMD. They Were One of Our Best Customers