Happy 5-year anniversary to my beautiful bride! Saturday marked mine and Jen’s 5th wedding anniversary, and we couldn’t have asked for a better weekend. We reflected on how lucky we are not only to have each other, but to have such a full life, surrounded by so many wonderful friends and family.
We started our 5-year anniversary by running our first 5k together.
We spent the rest of the day at the track with friends and family. What better way to mark our first 5 years of marriage?
So we have a list: 5 things we’re grateful for at our 5th anniversary:
- Five years with each other: OK, we’ve actually been lucky enough to know each other for 11 years now, 9 of which we’ve been together, and 5 of which we’ve now been married. Woohoo!
- Friends: As I’ve said so many times before, we’re lucky enough to have the best friends on both sides of the country. Running the Silks & Satins 5k together Saturday morning was not only a fun way to commemorate the day, but it was so cool to have so many friends come out to cheer for us. It was also fun running my first Saratoga race and to see other friends in the race and along the course cheering.
- Family: My cousin Rose and her boyfriend Tom hopped a train from Manhattan for the weekend to live it up with us, Saratoga style. It was wonderful having them here and that they got to meet so many of our friends.
- Fitness: Thanks to running, we’re both in much better shape than we were in our 20s. So we feel great, we’re healthy, and we look good (at least we like to think so). With a time of 21:07 (8 seconds off my goal; pace of 6:48/mile), I placed 11th out of 41 in my division (147 out of 1,002 overall) in the Silks & Satins, which was my 7th race this year and first 5k; Jen successfully trained for and had fun finishing her first 5k. Big thanks to Tom for taking so many awesome race photos!
- Fun: After the race, we hit the Saratoga Track for opening day. We scored 5 sweet picnic tables right by the Paddock (thanks, Mara!). We soaked in the sun, ate, drank, bet on the ponies, and got caught in a torrential downpour walking home after the races. What can I say? If you’ve read this blog — ever — you know that we have fun. No question there. The pictures usually speak for themselves.
Blog entries of anniversaries past:
- 4th Anniversary
- 3rd Anniversary
- 2nd Anniversary & 2nd Anniversary Dinner
- 1st Anniversary & Wedding Reflections
Happy anniversary, Jen! I love you. Here’s to the next 5, 15, and 50!